50-Hour Trauma Informed
Yoga Teacher Training
BLOOMFIELD YOGA • PITTSBURGH, PA • OCT 5-7 & OCT 12-14, 2018
We are SO EXCITED to be hosting a 50 hr Trauma-Informed Yoga Teacher Training led by Eleanor Bramwell, April Elliot, and BodyWise Foundation!
Through lecture, self-inquiry, group discussion, practice teaching, and the latest advances in neurobiology, we will investigate trauma theories, trauma informed yoga, and body based healing. After completion of this training you will feel empowered to offer trauma informed yoga classes to a variety of populations. If you are not a yoga teacher, this training will support you in your own self regulation, offer you tools you can use with patients and clients.
Training manuals and certification are included in the price. Eligible for CEU hours with Yoga Alliance.
Full Course Description & Educational Objectives
We collaborated with experts in the field of trauma to bring you a comprehensive evidence and inquiry based 50 hr trauma-informed yoga teacher training. Scholarships will be awarded on a first come, first serve basis to students with demonstrated need who plan to take the learnings back out into the world and impact underserved or underrepresented communities.
As a student in this training you will:
● Gain a deeper understanding of what trauma is and the impact. Specifically, how traumatized people process information, trauma symptoms, and how trauma impacts sensorimotor processing.
● Learn how trauma affects children’s proprioception, interoception, brain development, emotional regulation, and cognition.
● Through exploration of A.C.E , complex trauma, developmental trauma, and attachment theories, you will be able to articulate the range of adaptation to trauma in early life.
● Learn tools to increase heart rate variability, increase neuroplasticity, decrease activity in the default mode network, induce the relaxation response, support nervous system regulation, body awareness, and communication. These skills will be useful in your own journey as well valuable to integrate in your role as a teacher.
● You will have tools to make your standard classes more trauma sensitive. Through practicum, you will feel empowered to offer trauma-informed yoga classes with individuals and small groups.
● We will explore recent advances in neurobiology of trauma, and how trauma-informed yoga can be a body-based tool for those healing trauma.
Weekend One: Friday, October 5 7-9p.m., Saturday, October 6 10a.m.-7p.m. & Sunday, October 7 9a.m. - 3p.m.
Weekend Two: Friday, October 12 7-9p.m., Saturday, October 13 10a.m.-7p.m. & Sunday, October 14 9a.m. - 3p.m.
Prices: Standard $600; Early bird $525 until August 1st; Student Pricing (available in-studio only) $500; Early bird student $425 until August 1st.
This training counts as 50 hours of continuing education for Registered Yoga Teachers, though you do not have to be a yoga teacher to participate.
A portion of this training supports BodyWise Foundation. The non profit offers free trauma informed yoga to survivors and underserved populations, trauma informed trainings, and scholarships to those that wish to volunteer in underrepresented communities.
The training will be led by Eleanor Bramwell, E-RYT 500, who is known for creating sacred space, powerful facilitation, and weaving self growth inquiry into all she does. Her extensive academic education in psychology and experience as a Board Certified Structural Integrator were ignited by an earnest desire to understand the body/mind continuum. A radical visionary and conscious entrepreneur, she is the Chief Executive Officer of BodyWise Institute. Eleanor also founded a nonprofit and sister organization, BodyWise Foundation, dedicated to serving trauma recovery, research, training, and education.
April is known for seeing the "is-ness" of each human, and creating space for the totality of their experience. She is a nationally certified school psychologist and internationally certified yoga therapist. She teachers trauma-informed yoga classes, runs a private yoga therapy practice and works as a school psychologist. April serves on the Board of Directors for Bodywise Foundation and is a contributor to our trauma informed yoga teacher training and the Director of our professional development training for school teachers program.
Please note: THIS IS NOT A THERAPEUTIC INTENSIVE.
Whilst we hold space for interpersonal transformation, this is professional training.